UBC Computing Centre 25th Anniversary (1982)

posted Jan 14, 2015, 6:46 AM by Jeff Ogden   [ updated Jan 14, 2015, 7:09 AM ]
From: Doug Wade
Subject: UBC Computing Centre 25th Anniversary (1982)
Date: January 14, 2015 2:53:07 AM EST
To: Jeff Ogden

Hi Jeff

Earlier last year I had sent you the UBC Computing Centre 50th Anniversary document which you put in the MTS archive.
I discovered the other day that I had the handout from the 25th Anniversary in 1982 that might also be of interest to you.

The handout was in 3 parts:

1) a pin to be worn - scanned as a jpeg.
2) 3 8.5x11 pages (“The Student Area, 2 page invitation to 25th Anniversary party on March 25th, 1982 and a lecture by Vern Detwiler on March 18th, 1982)
3) An 8x11 document describing the Computing Centre and Department of Computing Centre facilities in the “Computing Sciences Building” (now known as the Leonard S. Klinck Building).
Note this document folded open into a double size sheet which was difficult to scan. I can try scanning it again if this is not up to the quality you like.

I’m sending this to you in the 3 parts I described - jpeg of badge is 171 KB, Student area document is 2.5MB and 3rd document is 4.1MB.
Can you confirm receiving these. I might try and send them a 2nd time using the Mail program to shrink them.

Doug Wade

From: Jeff Ogden
Subject: Re: UBC Computing Centre 25th Anniversary (1982)
Date: January 14, 2015 8:26:50 AM EST
To: Doug Wade
Cc: mts-comments, Donald Boettner

Thanks Doug. All good stuff.

I got four messages with three attachments (a jpeg and two PDFs).  The quality for all of them seems fine.

I'll add all three documents to the MTS Archive. I may combine them all into a single PDF.

I'm starting to get the sense that you are a pretty big packrat.  Don Boettner was the biggest Ann Arbor packrat. In the past I would have and did make fun of the packrats.  In the present, I need to apologize and thank them for preserving and making so many materials available that would have otherwise been lost.

 -Jeff

A PDF containing all three items is available at:

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4t_NX-QeWDYbnVTZWt5WmdLcFk&authuser=0

Comments