x'0E' (14). Southern Illinois University

posted Dec 21, 2010, 1:24 AM by Jeff Ogden   [ updated Jan 20, 2011, 8:43 PM ]
From: Scott Gerstenberger
Date: June 7, 2010 3:03:22 PM EDT
To: Jeff Ogden
Subject: Re: A Comparative Study of the Michigan Terminal System (MTS) with Other Time Sharing Systems for the IBM 360/67 Computer.

 . . .

As to other MTS sites, did Southern Illinois Univ (Dewayne Hendricks) ever get it installed?
I know he was trying hard to get a machine, convince the powers that be that it would be
a good idea to run MTS, and/or actually install it. I don't remember which of those he actually
accomplished. But I do remember him visiting several times to learn about the system.

Scott

From: Mike Alexander
Date: June 7, 2010 6:43:17 PM EDT
To: Jeff Ogden

. . .
There were a few others that looked at MTS, but didn't run it.  For example both Southern Illinois University and Grenoble took a close look at it. . . .

On Dec 21, 2010, at 6:09 AM, Dewayne Hendricks wrote:

    Jeff:  Just wanted to quickly 'ack' that I received your inquiry.  The short answer is yes, I did have a version of MTS running at SIU for a time.  Let me take some time to write up the full story for you and will be back to you soon.

Best,
-- Dewayne

Comments