Discussions‎ > ‎E-mail archive‎ > ‎

#9: 25 June 2015, Re: pink flamingos [was: MTS reference in the AMC series "Halt and Cache Fire"]

posted Jun 25, 2015, 8:06 PM by Jeff Ogden   [ updated Jun 25, 2015, 8:08 PM ]
From: Gregory Marks
Subject: Re: MTS reference in the AMC series "Halt and Cache Fire"
Date: June 25, 2015 8:54:42 PM EDT
To: Jeff Ogden, mts-interest@umich.edu

Another item, with a very different memory is the pink flamingos.  I remembered those when I read that the inventor had passed away at age 79

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/24/business/don-featherstone-inventor-of-the-pink-flamingo-in-plastic-dies-at-79.html

…Greg

Don Featherstone [the inventor]  in a field of his pink flamingos.
Credit Seth Resnick/Science Faction, via Corbis.

Pink flamingos in the gravel on the roof of the UPS room at the Computing Center building on the U-M's North Campus. They were purchased and put there by Bob Husak and George Helffrich. They very quickly vanished, presumably stolen.
Photo credit: Diane and Jim Bodwin.

Comments