Discussions‎ > ‎E-mail archive‎ > ‎

#1: August 3, 2010: updates to the MTS Wikipedia article are pretty much complete

posted Jan 2, 2011, 7:28 PM by Jeff Ogden
From: Jeff Ogden
Date: August 3, 2010 9:09:06 PM EDT
Subject: updates to the MTS Wikipedia article are pretty much complete

When I started to update the MTS Wikipedia article back on June 11th, I thought it would take me about two weeks. It's now seven weeks later and I'm finally pretty much done.  If you have an interest and some time or if you just want a trip down memory lane, would you be willing to look the revised article over and offer comments and suggestions?

This is Wikipedia so you can:  (i) either edit the article directly yourself, (ii) add comments and suggestions to the article's discussion page, (iii) send me comments and suggestions via e-mail to jeff.ogden@umich.edu, or (iv) let me know that you like the changes and you can't think of a single thing that would make the article better (I'm not holding my breath -:).

The article is available at this URL:  http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Michigan_Terminal_System
I'm particularly interested in:
  • suggestions for topics that should be included, but which aren't there now;
  • suggestions about how to make the article less University of Michigan centric (I've tried to do that already, but since I'm from Umich, I may not be a good judge);
  • feelings about the length of the article. Is it too long? It may be. I've tried to deal with the length by using two hidden sections that can be expanded, but I don't know if that does the trick or not. Let me know what you think. If you think it is too long, what should be done about that? Could the article be split into a main and one or more sub-articles? Are there sections that could be shortened or completely deleted?
If you'd like to see what the MTS article looked like before I started my changes (it was a lot shorter), go to this URL:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Michigan_Terminal_System&oldid=281284185

Please pass this note on to others who may be interested.

And if any of you don't want to be bothered with this sort of e-mail in the future, just let me know and I promise to stop sending it.

Thanks,

  -Jeff  (W163)
Comments