In June 2010 I (Jeff Ogden) asked Mike Alexander, "Did anything of LLMPS remain as part of UMMPS other than LLMPSEQU?"
Mike replied: "Maybe a few lines of code, but not much. Even LLMPSEQU was gone (or at least renamed). It was a gradual process over a long period of time, not an effort to rewrite it and eliminate LLMPS code."
On Sep 6, 2014, at 11:29 AM, Jeff Ogden wrote:
It turns out that Lincoln Manual 78 is available on the web (once I knew what to look for). If you are looking for something to read, you might try:
On Sep 6, 2014, at 12:02 PM, Mike Alexander wrote:
Now that takes me back. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen that document.
There must have been an earlier version of it since we got LLMPS at least a year earlier than January 67. By then MTS was well underway. January 67 was a milestone month for MTS since that’s when the first version of the DSR interface was implemented. We had LLMPS doing spooling for the 7090 by the spring of 1966. I think it was sometime in the summer of 1965 that I went to Lincoln Labs to take a look at it. I remember I got a lift in a private plane from someone visiting UM from Boston and I think he was here for the Engineering Summer Conferences that year. I’m pretty sure there was a version of this document available then, perhaps it was a draft that hadn’t been published yet.